The PortBrain is a USB adapter board for easily adding digital I/O and analog inputs to any project. It can also operate in stand-alone mode as a simple PLC (Programmable Logic Controller).
Works with Mac, PC and Linux. Installs as a "virtual" serial port which works with most any programming language. Works with Raspberry Pi!
- 24 individually programmable digital inputs/outputs.
- 5 analog inputs, including 1 built-in temperature sensor (thermistor). External sensors can be connected.
- Relay adapter available for controlling motors, other devices (see below).
- Connects via USB as a virtual COM port. Works with most any operating system (Windows, OSX, Linux).
- Windows software for easy setup, monitoring and programming.
- Field-upgradable firmware.
Using the provided software it is easy to configure the PortBrain and monitor the status of all the I/O pins. You can also edit and debug PLC programs.
Use With Your Own Software
You can easily integrate the PortBrain into your software -- you just need to send a few simple commands to the PortBrain as you would any other other serial device. A DLL (dynamic link library) is also available.
In PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) mode, the PortBrain can be programmed to automatically turn outputs on/off depending a variety of conditions, including: temperature or almost any combination of input or other output states. Once programmed, the PortBrain can be disconnected from the PC and it will operate in "stand-alone" mode (power must still be provided of course!).
Order securely using PayPal. 30-day, no questions asked return policy. 6 month warranty. FREE SHIPPING in U.S. Please allow 3-5 days for shipment.